Basic definition according to the world:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO): It is the process of increasing the visitors count to your website through organic search engine results.
Pay Per Click (PPC): It is a paid medium for advertising online. Google PPC program is one of the most popular program in the world.
Let’s now dive into the real part of the story,
What is SEO?
SEO is the effort made for achieving long term goals. It usually takes between 3 months to 1 year time to show the results. But the thing to remember with SEO is, once it starts giving results, it will be more than what you have expected.
Prerequisite for achieving success in SEO?
- The patient to wait for the results to happen.
- You will need the dedication to understand the ongoing trend and making those changes to embrace the opportunities.
- The most important thing is to deliver the best content, not only to rank, but to help the visitor or reader with their requirements.
What is PPC?
It is a paid advertisement activity done on digital platforms and mediums to generate leads and conversions. If done right, then you will be able to see the conversions happening instantly. Also, if you keep updating the recommendation, then there is a possibility that you will get click for very cheap rates.
The following thing you will need to consider for running successful paid campaigns are,
- Proper domain research is needed to understand the actual targeting.
- You will need to be creative with the ad content to attract users to click on your ads.
- You will also need to be analytical to track the conversions, and the changes need to increase conversions.
It was the theory part about how these concepts work. Now, this is the story part, where I will explain the logical difference.
SEO is like planting a tree and making the efforts to let it grow. So that, it will take time to produce the fruits but, when it starts, you will love to see the results.
What about PPC? It is like going in the market and paying for the fruits you want to have. And if you wish to get the premium quality in the cheaper rates then, you will have to do the market research.
I hope you understood the difference between SEO and PPC. Also, if you are a beginner and wanted to know whether you should start with SEO first or PPC? Then my suggestion would be to go for both if the budget allows. Otherwise, do the SEO first and keep nurturing your digital assets. There will be a time when you will start seeing the positive results happening.